Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Kudos to Passport Canada

With all the bashing that has been going on about passport requirements for travel into the US, I thought that Passport Canada deserved some kudos for processing my application so quickly.

On August 9, I was required to get a passport for my US work visa application. On August 10, I got the required guarantor signature, and headed to the Passport office, paid my $87 fee, and submitted the application. Lo and behold, on August 20, I received my passport by registered mail, with the "date stamp" inside of August 16. A 6 day turnaround, with a weekend at the end during delivery...I am sure it would have been faster if I did the application on a Wednesday or a Thursday.

Now I am not a fan of government offices, but I have to admit, that this has been one of the most pleasant experiences I have had. Keep up the good work.

No comments: