Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Little Stevie Wants What Everyone Else Wants

Can't help but comment on Harper's recent tour of Afghanistan and others, and how stupid it is. I figure the first night in 24 Sussex Drive went something like this, between the PM and his wife;


PM Harper (running into the new house on Sussex): Mommy! Can I go overseas to Afghanistan??!!

Mrs. Harper: No, Little Stevie, you can't go over there...it's dangerous and you have no business even thinking of going there!

PM Harper (whining... ): But Mom!!!! Condi, and Donnie, and Georgie got to go!!!

Mrs. Harper: Stevie, it's not a nice place over there...people live in poverty, there is a war over there, and it's just not safe! Why would you want to go there??

PM Harper: But MoOOOooOOm!! Everyone else gets to go and look good for the cameras, why can't I go?!?! I have the plastic hair for it!! And I am sure I will look even better in safari clothes than those other guys...

Mrs. Harper: Just because everyone else jumps off a bridge, are you going to also??

PM Harper: Nuts, Mom! You are no fun...since I can't go, can I have a puppy?

Mrs. Harper: But you don't like dogs...what kind would you like??

PM Harper: A mutt...I have a soft spot for mutts, Mom...and I have a name already picked out...David Emerson, and he will be loyal and be my best friend!!!

Mrs. Harper: That's fine, just make sure he is neutered.

God, this is going to be a looooong year....

No comments: