Sunday, January 08, 2006

Open Letter to All Candidates

With all the recent hoopla around the election trail, I have a few questions I would like answered. Being in the minority now, a WASP, upper middle class, taxpaying citizen of this country, feel free to give me answers to the following;

1) Which party is going to return more of the tax dollars I pay every day? I am getting tired of paying the way for everyone else coming into this country, and for people that suck the tax dollars out because they don't know how to act like adults.

2) Which party is finally going to take a stand and realize that the best resource to take care of in this country are the normal, middle class WASPs that make up most of the tax base?

3) Which party is going to come forward and finally say that the bureaucracy of this country is top heavy, and needs to be reduced?

4) Which country is going to stand up to immigrants and the rest of the whiners that come here, and tell them to shit or get off the pot?

5) Which party is going to realize that the health system is broken, and is going to put a plan in place to fix it at a fraction of the current cost?

I know these are general questions, but there is nothing in the news or their platforms that show me that they are serious about making the changes this country needs, in order to maintain our standing in the world.

Its too bad that the running parties don't see that all they are doing is alienating the votes that count, and relying on "flavours of the day" as their campaign platforms. No wonder we can't get a government elected to fix things. The sooner we stop catering to special interest groups, the better. As for my vote, I don't have a clear choice yet.

No comments: