Friday, February 02, 2007

Playing With Picture It! Premium

I had this photo editing software package that I got from Microsoft, and I just started to use it recently now that I am interested in taking some pictures. I always enjoyed photography...and with a digital camera (even a point and shoot like I have), or the DSLRs, this kind of software seems to do a good job of "fixing" the pictures I have. Since I got the camera in April '06, I have amassed a few hundred pictures, and I figured a good winter project would be to sort through them and edit where needed.

The Falls pictures in the previous post are an attempt to improve the shots, however, I forgot to save the original for a comparison. No cropping was done to those.

So, what I did was work on the picture below, and here is the result;

This was taken down by the Falls in June '06, at one of the golf courses. I'm impressed with the editing software, and I am sure there are others. This seems to do this amateur photog just fine. Stay tuned for more in the future, as I get used to it. They will be scattered amongst my comments and thoughts.

No comments: