Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Government Contracts - What did I promise and for how much?

When I read the article attached to the link above, I thought "I can see where that might be an issue"...then I gave my head a shake...why would any department ALLOW a supplier, of commodities or information, to ask to have all documentation eliminated as part of the contract? Simple...no trace of deliverables, or accountability on behalf of the supplier. I couldn't think of one instance after some thought, that this would be worth the price. As taxpayers, we deserve the right to know where every dollar is spent...and we should be able to track every dollar to outside the government. This is more fiscal abuse the Liberals have to contend with over the next few months before an election.

If this is going to be allowed, then I want to send CCRA a contract, where, as my employer and myself, as employee, won't have to provide on paper how much income I made last year...let's just make it a verbal transaction, and call it at that...you can trust me to give you the right information, and I will tell you, CCRA, how much of a refund you owe me next year...sound fair?

No comments: