Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Supreme Court and Swingers Clubs - the Decline of Morality

Well, the Supreme Court has ruled that swingers clubs don't harm society. What a blow to monogamous values that is.

As a guy, I enjoy sex just as much as anyone, but I find it difficult to accept the practice of "swapping", or even partaking in such an intimate moment while being watched. There is nothing more I would like than to have a monogamous relationship with someone (definitely a female), without the fear of wondering if I am the only one. Decency, trust, and integrity in a relationship means being true to one person. With the floodgates open, the morals and values that we expect to have as human beings are thrown out the window. Having "lost" my wife to an extra-marital affair, only fuels my belief on what is "truly right" - one for one.

To counter the ruling, I hope someone in their right mind sees how this can now open the doors to more marital breakdowns, and the loss of assets to lawyers and everyone else who has their hand in the pot for your equity, during split ups. Legislation in place to reduce the split of personal property, or allowing "at fault" divorce, will certainly ensure that anyone that wants to play with matches with another man or woman while being involved, will understand the price they may pay. Making it "legal", only compounds the social problems already attributed to relationship breakdowns.

Because of the court's ruling, its going to be very difficult down the road to explain to my kids that being monogamous with someone is the best way to gain trust and integrity with someone you love and to spend the rest of your life with. As for me, this does not give me the warm, fuzzy feeling that I will be able to find someone as committed to me as I would be to them.

All you swingers out there, enjoy the ruling - and don't cry to the government or the judicial system about fairness when your better half doesn't agree with your lifestyle, and it costs you to "swap".

No comments: