Thursday, November 03, 2005

Air Canada - How Cheap is Cheap?

Browsing through the biz headlines, and noticing what profits were made in the third quarter, I came across a blurb that said that Air Canada had made about $280 million this quarter...not bad, I thought to myself, consdering the problems the airline had with restructuring last year.

Then lo and behold, another article jumped out at me about Air Canada...besides eliminating meals on North American flights (which is probably a good thing based on the food I have had), they are going to start charging $2 if you want a pillow for the flight.

How small town cheap!!! I bet the financial whiz that came up with that one, is the same person that thought that Chretien should have monogrammed golf balls...

I thought I would give Air Canada another chance...this sort of news just sealed its fate with me and I will stick with Westjet...take your toonie for your pillow and stick it. You would have been better off adding to the price of an alcoholic beverage...

I swear, some people must really need to scrape the bottom of the barrel for a buck...or $2, in this case...

1 comment:

Calvinhill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.