Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Deck the Halls...with tax breaks...but for how long?

The Liberals announce personal tax breaks, given the recent turmoil in government about non-confidence. I say its about time. With the recent surpluses reported every year, I want my money in my pocket, not the government coffers.
With the toppling of the government merely months away, I am sure that my tax breaks recently announced, will go by the wayside.
Who do we have to blame for this? The NDP and the Conservatives. They should have known that there were problems with the sponsorship fund before now. It took an inquiry to get it all out on the table, when the opposing parties should have had their finance critics looking at the government's fiscal responsibilities all along.
I hope that when the non-confidence motion is brought up, we do have an election 8 weeks before Martin was going to have one, so that the people can punish the NDP and Conservatives for being weenies. I expect the Liberals will win a minority government, and we will have wasted even more time and money with an election that gets us nowhere. All the election is going to do, is point out who the real morons are.
The Liberals did 2 things right, which I doubt any other party would have done - they paid back sponsorship funds, and they banned some high ranking Liberal party members for life. The only other thing they could do to save face, is to implement rigorous measures into fiscal responsibility, and then, and only then, will they get my vote.

I have been a Conservative all my life...but I won't continue to support a party that has nothing in their back pocket for ensuring a competent, law-abiding government. As it stands right now, my thoughts and vote is moving red...

No comments: